Sunday, September 30, 2012

When rain starts to pour, some people get sleepy.  Some people like to curl up in bed or on the couch with a cup of coffee and a book.  When I hear the rain pounding on my window, I throw on my hoodie, lace up my running shoes, get the ipod, and hit the road.
There's something so relaxing about running in the rain.  I haven't quite figured out what it is.  Perhaps it's the fact that people go crazy when it rains.  No one wants to get wet, so if someone's running in the rain they must be insane.  maybe I like that.  I like being different.
Or maybe it's the fact that rain symbolizes purity.  So if I run in it, I'm cleansing myself.  Maybe I need a new start.
It could be that I like the solitude of it.  No one is really going to be outside.  So I can be comfortable.  I can be lonely.  Maybe I like being alone.
I can't put my finger on it.  I don't know why, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment